Friday, September 12, 2008

What a Way to End the Week!

So today I had to post an story for an extra credit chance for my English Lit class. I thought i would share it with everyone...it had to be a story with a message so I pulled it from my own experiences. Hope yall like it.



Don’t Scream… Just Breathe…

When stress overcomes me I go in a state of panic. I want to cry, I want to throw something, and I even at times want to scream. Slowly I look around to see if anyone is watching… I try not to let anyone see the tears rising in my eyes; I try to calm myself down. My heart starts to hurt and I start having trouble breathing. I panic even more in fear that I will not calm down and I will drive my self crazy and embarrass myself in front of others. I can not concentrate if my life depended on it so I quit. I put down the pencil and give up. I always find comfort in talking to someone that knows me and that can calm me down so like always I call my mother. My mother is a very good Christian lady that can always bring your spirits up when you need them to be. She gets me to calm down and says “look just go take a break do something fun or just watch TV…don’t think about anything for like 30 minutes and relax”. I take a deep breath and go and get a snack and sit down in the living room to watch TV. While I am thinking about nothing my mother is thinking about something. She at one point in time in her life got stressed easily and wanted to scream. She came up with a prayer that she could pray when she felt the screaming urge and she passed it along to me. It read, “Help me to take a breath before I speak and walk away before I scream. I will face my fears and walk on help me to be a better example to others.” I hold that close to my heart and every time I feel that urge I just look on the wall where it is posted and quietly read it to myself as I take a deep breath and relax. Not everything has to be so stressful you just have to learn to stop and breathe.


okay so on a happier note I made an 80 on my bio test and a 97 on my math test which made this Friday an AMAZING end to the week. I work tonight from 5-945 and then i have the rest of the weekend off. Nothing big planned just ready to relax for a few days. I guess I should go eat some lunch since its about that time and maybe even take a nap...totally didnt sleep well last night. Hope yall have a great weekend!!! LOVE YOU!

No comments: